Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
...Its a metric (which I know you are a fan of). We'll talk, we just won't begin the conversation with "What should the strategy in Afghanistan be." We'll probably begin more with "tell me what you think AQ is really all about," and then from your answer we will begin exploring the many interconnected pieces of the problem. Never know where the really good idea is going to come from.
No problem with any of that, though I would suggest that AQ really has little to do with Afghanistan and vice versa (at this point). I agree with most of your theories, I merely contend that your bulldozer approach on this forum (which I realize may not be how you interface in person -- this is not really a good communications medium) is not going to win you as many converts as you'll need to embed your good ideas...

Allegories, even simplistic ones that eliminate nuances one knows or should know are present to make a more pithy tale may sway juries but they're unlikely to sway most Politicians or hardly any soldats. Good logic and full answers can make a difference. That's not a knock, just stating a perception.
Oh, and when you find a psychologist that is also versed in insurgency let me know, we probably have work for him/her.
Umm, you should already have some. If you don't, then perhaps...

That is if anyone is really versed in insurgency. As I said, I am really beginning to wonder about that...