Posted by Steve the Planner,

Remember that it is the peace that was flubbed, not the war-fighting part (until after the peace part failed). So, how many different ways are there to start a viable post-conflict process.
Please elaborate on this comment. I'm not sure I'm following your line of logic on this.

Tom,

I'm not so sure we disagree on your points, my disappointment is that no one addressed his points except RYNO, and he basically dismissed them without explaination. Is the issue Hoh quitting or his resignation letter? As you said, many folks are quitting, and some are only quitting because its hard, not because they disagree. Either way not a behavioral trait to encourage.

I think you're misinterpreting the push back to this story. It's not about the messenger or the message. It's about the media making news rather than reporting it.
I don't know if it has always been this way, but it has definitely been this way since the advent of 24/7 news. It's a business that has long lost its professional ethics. Giving the power of information, professional reporters should be licensed and their license should be revoked if they violate an agreed upon code of ethics. That's just an opinion, and of course it will never make it past the SWJ Council.