Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
The purpose of design is to help you understand problems better. If this product helps you understand the problem better, then it is a good tool. Similarly, if it helps you explain what you understand to those who don't, it is a good tool.

If it just adds one more layer of complexity and confusion for those who are already confused and overwhelmed with complexity, then you missed the mark.

So, I guess my question would be if you brought this to me is, "in 4-5 points, tell me the 'so what,' what did you learn from building this product and what does it indicate we should be doing differently and why."
Sir

you've hit the nail on the head and pretty much summed up my issues with 'design' focus we're heading along where apparently it is more about the 'journey of discovery' than it is about any deliverable. More importantly the acty we're undertaking now is purposely not seeking any solutions (which just makes my head hurt) rather it is just looking to show the process (its a pilot program).

When I started this I immediately went one level down and started looking at things like expanding Rana FM into our AO or establishing our own variant of it IOT 'start the conversation' that is then reinforced through interaction etc. Apparently I was thinking like a planner and not a designer.

As for the 4-5 points ... the info fight is always going to be contested in a Coalition environment and the more effort we put into coordination the better (which we and most ISAF elements currently blow off)

We need less focus on the media and more on the organisations/people the media use as sources. The best we should be hoping for is balanced coverage rather than trying to achieve the exulted "positive media coverage" -- journo's 8 years in don't work that way.

Without decent evaluation of the information domain it is all for nought.

If we can enhance the perception of the AFG population towards our actions (not just through info activities) it will have a positive relationship towards increasing global perceptions.