see
    Freerepublic
    Lucianne
    From the Right

Democrat Underground
    Daily Kos
    From the Left

You'll find plenty of backlash.
    I don't think that is a backlash. I think it is part of the problem. The sites that you linked to choose to consume more biased reporting and/or to engage in an echo chamber of like thinking people. They are not looking for objective reporting or dispassionate analysis. They demand agreement with their point of view and demonize those who disagree. Sure, the lefties point out biased reports from Fox and the righties point out biased reports from everyone else. They both turn a blind eye to bias that they find agreeable.

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
    Imam al-Awlaki has written extensively about jihad and has summarized his views in a pamphlet, 44 Ways to Support Jihad.
    That reads like something written by the Onion. I'm reminded of this: http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...iracy_theories
    Last edited by Schmedlap; 11-11-2009 at 03:40 AM.

Bill Lind responds to the Ft. Hood Shootings, link to article.

http://www.d-n-i.net/dni/

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Bill Lind responds to the Ft. Hood Shootings, link to article.

http://www.d-n-i.net/dni/
    A whackjob loser, who happens to be Muslim but whose profile is all too-predictable - failing in his career, failing in his personal life, recently underwent major situational change, is facing a feared life-changing event and goes off the deep-end in a horribly violent manner. Now its 4GW?

Lind is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
    A whackjob loser, who happens to be Muslim but whose profile is all too-predictable - failing in his career, failing in his personal life, recently underwent major situational change, is facing a feared life-changing event and goes off the deep-end in a horribly violent manner. Now its 4GW?

Lind is pathetic.
    Yes, If I am not mistaken it was a Muslim who first confronted Nasan and told him" he had a problem" and also declined his request to be a Religious leader for a Ft. Hood Muslim outreach program! But you don't read much in the press about that.... Tried to find some video but no luck, but I saw it on TV when they interviewed the leaders at the Mosque near Ft. Hood that Nasan attened.
    Last edited by slapout9; 11-11-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post

Lind is pathetic.
    I avoid d-n-i for the same reason I've avoided the associated CDI since the 1970s. There's too much shovel work involved with only the weakest hope of finding a pony.

The Moslem engineers and scientists I've worked with over the years were (and are) nothing like this loser.
    John Wolfsberger, Jr.

An unruffled person with some useful skills.

Agree on Lind. Just a key indicator is his use of Islamic--an adjective meaning of Islam or related to Islam--as a noun to mean a follower of Islam. The proper word is Muslim or Moslem.

Lind deals increasingly in screed, skewed to support 4GW. He and Walid Phares should get a room.

Slap you are correct on the local mosque official who rejected Hassan as a mosque leader. That is getting drowned out as time goes by.

Tom

Council Member

We know that war against the recognized establishment by networks, tribes and other "non-state" actors has always existed. But, in spite of reading Lind's defintions several times, I just don't understand how it's "generational."

I think Lind looks at the world wearing 4GW glasses, so everything is interpreted in light of his ideas and definition of 4GW. He goes too far, but just because he goes too far is that to say that he isn't right about some things?

According to law, Major Hasan commited murder. That's the way I see it too. But in Hasan's mind, he was a Soldier of Allah. So, some will see it an act of war against the state by a non-state entity. Or, 4GW as Lind defines it.
    "Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper

Council Member

Default Stratfor analysis makes for interesting reading