Thread: Paying homage to Ceaser

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Paying homage to Ceaser

If one studies the life of Jesus, one discovers that he only moved to anger on two occasions:

1. Dealing with the Pharisees
    2. Dealing with the money-lenders in the Church.

Self-righteousness and greed is always a motive for corruptness. Within the military, Ike cautioned against the military-industrial complex in his fairwell speech.

Today, that complex absorbs our military from outsourcing CERP to security.

Tom Ricks broaches this point in Retired Generals get rich from conflicts of interest. I'm indifferent to his post considering how his current employer (CNAS) encourages the same mantra from the lower ranks- write a dissertation or memoire to gain momentum and cash in on the political capital.

On the other hand, many retired generals join the board of USAA, the VFW, or the VA to affect change while compensated for their time.

Is any of this right or wrong?

Is this influence helpful or hurtful?

Many of my friends, colleagues, and classmates are involved in this mess. I've told them my personal opinions.

If you know me or have followed my thoughts on SWC, then you know that I could easily write a memoire and secure a financially-beneficial job with political influence within the Beltway and appear semi-nightly on Fox News.

Honestly, that prospect disgusts me.

What do y'all think?
    Last edited by MikeF; 11-19-2009 at 10:44 PM.