Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
When I was a 2LT graduating AOBC headed to Fort Stewart, I wrote a note in my journal- The unit that you are headed to has been around long before you were born, and it will be around long after you pass. The decision that you have to make is how are you going to effect it? Will it be better or worse off b/c you were an alumni?

I've looked at that passage a lot over the years. Ski is right in many ways.

For the past week, I reread my own notes-
- It's not about you.
- Temper my thoughts.
- What is your purpose?

Those are answers that I must define for myself.

I've been working through the metaphysics of Tolle and the philosophies of Ayn Rand as I continue to try to comprehend where I've been, what I'm doing now, and defining my own purpose in the future. Currently, I'm going to take a break from blogging. Don't worry, I think the world will continue to roll without "Deep Thoughts from Mike." I'm going to take a break over the holidays, and hopefully, I will re-emerge with new strenght and purpose.

As much as I appreciate the collective wisdom of this group, I need to take a knee and sort through my own thoughts.

Happy Holidays Everyone.

Mike
Interestingly enough, I've some Camp Swampy time, myself. Commanded D-2/21 IN in 85-87 (it was a mech inf company then and became D-2/7 shortly thereafter) and HHC-2/7, 87-88.

Lots of good memories of Fort Stewart.