A DoS Reprimand.

Heck, I got one of those from a FSO PRT Leader for suggesting that his PRT needed to realign its mission and practices.

Same guy that, when we were working with MND-North to reopen bridges at Bayji (between Salah ad Din and Kirkuk/Tamim) wrote me an e-mail to say that "even of it is good for the provinces" inter-provincial activities are contrary to the Office of Provincial Affairs' strategy.

I was in Baghdad when I got that, and MNF-I's Strateffects 2 star was reading it over my shoulder. (Didn't sit well, but typical).

I was planning to frame the two together.

Easy to understand how missions go awry and implementation fails due to bureacratic and inter-agency snafus.

I still believe that the biggest reason why we can't use all the bright people and abundant resources to any positive end has to do with interagency.

One of my favorite books posits the Theory of the Complexity Joint Action as: if there are 100 dependent steps required for successful implementation, and a 99% chance that each step will be successful, then there is a 100% probability of failure.

What was the problem in Afghanistan? More cooks than Iraq by a factor of 5 or 10.

Steve