Thread: 4 Deputies Ambushed And Killed

Default 4 Deputies Ambushed And Killed

4 Deputies were ambushed and killed in Seattle,Washington. Attack happened while they were working on their computers in a coffee shop, only the deputies were attacked. Link to CNN below.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/29/...lice.shooting/

This makes the third incident in the past six weeks targeting law enforcement in the region. Still hoping this isn't a harbinger of a return to the late '60's.

Default Ambush territory?

I've worked alongside Pierce County Sheriffs many years ago, so these deaths remind me of good times there. Ambushing police officers in a donut shop on a Sunday morning is a very different ambush to what is "normal".

In the county there are many military installations, a divisional US Army base and as press reporting shows a USAF base. Just to add to the situational awareness.
    davidbfpo

Council Member

To be clear, this was south of Seattle. About 30 miles south of where the last ambush took place.

The coffee shop is quite literally a stones throw away from McChord. Lakewood/Parkland is a fairly rough town. I worked there for many years and there was a lot of drug activity. We even found the remnants of mobile meth labs lying around a few times.

A good friend and retired SF LTC is a Deputy there....my prayers to him and his family as I dread seeing the names once released.
    Robert C. Jones
    Intellectus Supra Scientia
    (Understanding is more important than Knowledge)

"The modern COIN mindset is when one arrogantly goes to some foreign land and attempts to make those who live there a lesser version of one's self. The FID mindset is when one humbly goes to some foreign land and seeks first to understand, and then to help in some small way for those who live there to be the best version of their own self." Colonel Robert C. Jones, US Army Special Forces (Retired)

Regardless if the "person of interest" is the perp or not, the real issue is why wasn't he still in jail/prison?

Clemmons was released from prison six days ago on bond, even though there is a warrant for his arrest after escaping from parole in Arkansas.

From: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/29/...lice.shooting/

Read the whole thing. Explicatives fail.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 11-30-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Source for quote added/