Quote Originally Posted by ocnus View Post
Blaise Campaore is a major figure in the drugs business. See:

http://www.ocnus.net/artman2/publish...Perverse.shtml
While I don't completely agree with all the "Al Qaida in the blood diamond business" as there is more than sufficient evidence that they were all but last to discover what we did in the 60s on the Dark Continent, I do agree with some of your sentiments below:

Words cannot express the utter stupidity and self-destructiveness of US policy in allying itself to the rabble of Ouattara and his friends. What government in Africa will ever trust or deal openly with such a maniacal formulation of national interest on the part of the US.
The USG is culturally challenged and refuses to use or even consult with her military leaders. Trust is not a word used in Africa (anywhere).

The US is at war in Africa. To win, or survive, requires helping one's friends and punishing one's enemies. What imp of the perverse can have gotten things so wrong; and so often?
I disagree. We are not at war in Africa. We are chasing purported Al Qaida at the whim and will of our administration. We reported on these so-called blood diamonds over two decades ago and even then, no one was listening. I'm of the opinion we cannot determine our friends and enemies in Africa because we have neither and our administration is culturally challenged.