Thread: Pregnancy - a court martial offense?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Old Eagle View Post
    And we wonder why we're losing the information war.
    Pet peeve! I think it is now clear that we were never really "losing the information war" in Iraq (perhaps one could argue that were were in the first couple years, but certainly not the last couple). People would simply take stories in isolation and, in a non-rigorous selective analysis through anecdote that would make Tom Friedman proud, extrapolate from the publicized bad news (or stories of ineptitude) that we were "losing the information war." When Abu Ghraib is a rallying cry for the enemy's recruiting efforts, but the average man on the street knows that if he goes to prison that he will get decent food and bed for a week or so and then get released - I say that is a pretty good performance in the "information war."

Council Member

"The US Army's ability to tell Commanders how to suck eggs on things they shouldn't while allowing them great latitude in things that contravene doctrine and long standing policy never ceases to amaze and amuse."

I would love to hear some examples! What are some besides the pregnancy issue in this thread?

Default For dumb stuff, check this

LINK.

For not telling people to do what's important, here's one example: LINK (.pdf).

Default Clarification...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    LINK.

For not telling people to do what's important, here's one example: LINK (.pdf).
    Ken,
    Are you saying the monograph is silly or the issue it highlights is silly...

For what its worth, Col Hope was both one of the brighter and funniest members of his SAMS small group...

I still have my emergency stash of alcohol he gave to each of us...
    Hacksaw
    Say hello to my 2 x 4

Default It's a good monograph -- I'm saying the issue it highlights

is an example of the Nation not enforcing policy that should be enforced. By default, DoD and its competing and conflicting Commands are equally responsible for that failure. Yet, that same Nation, doD and those Commands can focus on inane things like the kinds of boots that are acceptable, reflective safety belts, haircuts, pregnancy of 18 to 30 year old singles (or married folks...)...

None of those will kill many people -- the lack of Unity of Command in the 'Stan already has killed some unnecessarily. Dumbb, with two 'b's.

Default In Re: Ken

That's what I thought...

Glad as well, since at the risk of admitting it in something other than an anonymous forum... I'd have to defend Ian as a sound thinker and not prone to silliness... unless of course he's imbibed too much... which we also know by prescedent is impossible for a member of our neighbor to the north...
    Hacksaw
    Say hello to my 2 x 4

Colonel Hacksaw's avatar leads me to believe he belongs to the kinetic operations school rather than the population-centric nation-building one. In other words, the main purpose of his armored thrusts is to place its forward observers on optimum positions.