Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pregnancy - a court martial offense?

Default Clarification...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    LINK.

For not telling people to do what's important, here's one example: LINK (.pdf).
    Ken,
    Are you saying the monograph is silly or the issue it highlights is silly...

For what its worth, Col Hope was both one of the brighter and funniest members of his SAMS small group...

I still have my emergency stash of alcohol he gave to each of us...
    Hacksaw
    Say hello to my 2 x 4

Default It's a good monograph -- I'm saying the issue it highlights

is an example of the Nation not enforcing policy that should be enforced. By default, DoD and its competing and conflicting Commands are equally responsible for that failure. Yet, that same Nation, doD and those Commands can focus on inane things like the kinds of boots that are acceptable, reflective safety belts, haircuts, pregnancy of 18 to 30 year old singles (or married folks...)...

None of those will kill many people -- the lack of Unity of Command in the 'Stan already has killed some unnecessarily. Dumbb, with two 'b's.

Default In Re: Ken

That's what I thought...

Glad as well, since at the risk of admitting it in something other than an anonymous forum... I'd have to defend Ian as a sound thinker and not prone to silliness... unless of course he's imbibed too much... which we also know by prescedent is impossible for a member of our neighbor to the north...
    Hacksaw
    Say hello to my 2 x 4

Colonel Hacksaw's avatar leads me to believe he belongs to the kinetic operations school rather than the population-centric nation-building one. In other words, the main purpose of his armored thrusts is to place its forward observers on optimum positions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    The US Army's ability to tell Commanders how to suck eggs on things they shouldn't while allowing them great latitude in things that contravene doctrine and long standing policy never ceases to amaze and amuse...

LINK.
    "The status quo is not sustainable. All of DoD needs to be placed in a large bag and thoroughly shaken. Bureaucracy and micromanagement kill."
    -- Ken White

"With a plan this complex, nothing can go wrong." -- Schmedlap

"We are unlikely to usefully replicate the insights those unencumbered by a military staff college education might actually have." -- William F. Owen

Pentagon to stock health facilities with morning-after pill

By Rob Stein
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Friday, February 5, 2010; 9:12 AM

The Department of Defense will begin making the morning-after pill Plan B available at all of its hospitals and health clinics around the world, officials announced Thursday.

The decision came after a recommendation by the Pentagon's Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, an advisory panel that voted in November to include Plan B and the generic Next Choice on the list of drugs all military facilities should stock. The Pentagon accepted the recommendation Feb. 3, a spokeswoman said.

The decision is the latest the Obama administration has made reversing politically sensitive policies involving women's health that were implemented during President George W. Bush's administration. Previously, the Obama administration has announced that it was rescinding a federal regulation that would have expanded the ability of health-care workers to refuse to provide medical care they found morally objectionable, including abortion and Plan B; has lifted federal restrictions on human embryonic stem cell research; and has restored funding to international family-planning groups.

Women's health advocates had long been pushing the Obama administration to allow the sale of the morning-after pill at military facilities. The same panel made a similar recommendation in 2002, but the policy was never implemented.
    A link to this story would not have worked because the Washington Post requires users to be registered.