Hello,
I just wanted to get some input and advice on my current situation. First a little background, I just retired from 20 years as a Marine infantrymen. I have bachelors from AMU in homeland security and certificate in Terrorism studies, and I just found work in NOVA as a contractor for TSA. Here is my dilemma, I, like most retired military I am sure, am having a difficult time transitioning from Marine grunt leader to civilian employee. Don’t get me wrong, I am blessed to have a job and to have put present under the Christmas tree this year, but this is not what I want to do. A couple options I have looked at, going back to school and getting my masters. I was thinking of going back to AMU, but then I saw that Missouri State University has a Defense and Strategic Studies program in Northern Virginia that looks very interesting. I was also thinking of taking some language courses, not sure which ones, maybe Arabic, Chinese, or maybe Russian. So basically I was looking at building up my resume while I have a job, and after a year or two, look for a job involving national security or something warfighting in nature.

Again any advice is greatly appreciated.