Hi Mike,

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
juries do it everyday in civil cases by allocating causation and fault.

Yes, that is "inter-subjective communications" based on their perceptions. The problem, of course, is that another jury given the same facts could come up with a different allocation. Thus, a problem in predictability.

Totally agree. I remember a while back reading about some experiments looking at perception effects in jury decisions where test juries sat on a case or listened to a transcript being read or just read the transcripts. Apparently, since it was an experiment, the accuracy rate of the juries increased along the same line. Sort of similar to the eye witness testimony problem .

So, in my book, "Causation" is something of a voodoo science - a mixture of credo and scio. PS: the only reason I use those terms is that my high school Latin teacher drilled them into my skull.
LOL - yeah, I tend to agree although the dolls used are just a tich different .

When you put together your model on "Causes" and the "Narrative", please let us know. This sounds interesting, but difficult
I will, if I can ever get it done . I've been struggling with it for years now and, while it's gotten better, I'm still not happy with it. Oh well, we'll see....

Cheers,

Marc