I am an undergraduate senior expecting graduation in May. Over the last year and a half I have had the opportunity to attend a number of local conferences with senior military and government officials. For the most part, these have centered on the evolving threats in the modern operating environment and discussions relative to the increasing need for FID/Advisor capabilities over coming years.

This has led me to develop a strong interest in pursuing a career in FID work. I also have a number of friends who are nearing graduation that hold the same interest in this mission. I know of one route into potential FID roles-- however, I wanted to ask those on this forum the following to see if you might be willing to share your advice and insight.

For those interested in pursuing a career in FID work, what avenues exist that would allow entry-level/recent graduate candidates to enter the field?

What military/intelligence community/government options exist which might allow someone like myself to ultimately pursue a career in FID work?

I truly appreciate your time and look forward to your responses.

VR,
MRC