Thread: The Scripture according to Trijicon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
    So the bottom line here is that base DRMOs are soon going to have a lot of sights for cheap that can't be used by the military anymore?

Noted.
    While I agree with your sentiment, I would merely observe that what you see in this affair is merely a product of gross stupidity.

Supplying optic sights with Christian references on them to a Muslim Army = Good idea or less good idea, than if they merely had no religious reference at all.
    Does the scripture quote support US policy better for being there?
    Is US policy to advocate Christianity to Muslims. If yes, the scripture should stay. If no, then someone needs to be sacked - and the offending references be subject to a 30 seconds with a grinding wheel!
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition

I agree 100% that the whole thing is beyond stupid. But if I can get some optics for dirt cheap out of the deal, then I say, "allahu ackbar!"

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
    If yes, the scripture should stay. If no, then someone needs to be sacked - and the offending references be subject to a 30 seconds with a grinding wheel!
    Or the Army can simply make ACOG sights available with a wide range of religious symbols and quotations for soldiers who happen to be Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Zoastrian, etc. Frankly, I think a Wiccan sight complete with a pentagram would be way cool, allowing the Army to move beyond the confining limits of the "warrior" ethos to embrace the the witch/wizard/warlock/etc ethos too.

Also, perhaps Kiwigrunt can comment on the implications of such a policy in New Zealand, where 1.5% of the population reported their religious affiliation as "Jedi" in the 2001 census.

Use the Force, Luke!
    They mostly come at night. Mostly.

The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Brynen View Post
    Frankly, I think a Wiccan sight complete with a pentagram would be way cool, allowing the Army to move beyond the confining limits of the "warrior" ethos to embrace the the witch/wizard/warlock/etc ethos too.
    I can dig that! Next time I meet some wazak calling himself a "Warrior" I can say "Hi! I'm Warlock!" - or as an e-mail in the UK MOD apparently called me, "Somewhat less polite than Simon Cowell and twice as bitchy!"
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition

Council Member

Wilf, could you find out what is Trijicon's message to British sharpshooters?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...129a1-lmt-308/

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
    ... as an e-mail in the UK MOD apparently called me, "Somewhat less polite than Simon Cowell and twice as bitchy!"
    Why pray tell would the apparatchiks of MOD say such a thing? My reason for asking is regimental loyalty--in 1915-1919 my step-grandfather served in a black-buttoned battalion, the Poplar and Stepney Rifles, better known as the 17th London. His cap badge was similar to that of Rifle Brigade, bears that name, and has the battle honour "South Africa, 1899-1902."

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why pray tell would the apparatchiks of MOD say such a thing?
    I can tell you haven't met Wilf
    They mostly come at night. Mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Brynen View Post
    Frankly, I think a Wiccan sight complete with a pentagram would be way cool, allowing the Army to move beyond the confining limits of the "warrior" ethos to embrace the the witch/wizard/warlock/etc ethos too.
    LOL - I'm just waiting until the Thorists in the Asatruar crowd get to play with this one !
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/