I have a new project coming up as for my second semester of my first undergraduate year of college, I'm taking an upper division level class called American Foreign Policy After WWII. Eventually this course I'm taking ends with a rather large final paper which has to be turned in at the end of the semester, and has to be about contemporary foreign policy issue.

Since I have to start working on it soon, I was going to do my research paper on The Evolution of COIN in Iraq between 2005-Present.

The first part of this that I have to work on is a one page abstract/summary, in addition to an a detailed outline and annotate bibliography.

I've also already have begun collecting resources for this including secondary sources in the forms of basic books and manuals about the Iraq conflict. I will also have to collect some primary sources too, however here I what I have so far in terms of sources.

Here is the sources I have on hand to work with so far,

Fiasco by Tom Ricks

The Gamble also by Tom Ricks

The Accidental Guerrilla by David Kilcullen

The U.S. Army/Marine Corps Counterinsurgency Field Manual

The US Army Stability Operations Field Manual

How do my choices of sources look and if anybody could recommend anything else that would be great. Any perspective content recommendations or anything else would be much appreciated.

Thank you, and I hope I haven't opened up too large a question here since this forum deals with Iraq on a daily basis.