A few moons ago now, GEN (R) Bernard Trainor, USMC spoke at Holy Cross in Worcester, MA. He is an alum and led a seminar in addition to his speech. Because I was an Army ROTC cadet I was able to get one of the seats in the seminar and got to talk with him. I had read his book on the Gulf War (The Generals' War) and he was very sharp in person. At the actual speech, some students protested outside and complained that a retired officer shouldn't speak and that ROTC was evil, etc... Thankfully no one interrupted his talk, but during the Q+A some students, professors, or residents of Worcester tried to sharp shoot or trick him. I can't remember what he said, but I do remember that he didn't take their crap and shot back some really good lines. I understand that these students believe in what they're doing, but since they can actually do so little, I hope this makes them happy.

HC is a Jesuit school and has its range of activists, but I remember they were either really out there, or thought they were really clever until proven otherwise, but never openly hostile or offensive. I did laugh after they announced weekly protests until the end of the Iraq War, and I walked by one day and there was no protest because it was raining. That memory made me feel good a few years later whenever it rained in Iraq. If this is as organized as the protests can get, Americans either really don't care or actually support what we're doing. Not sure which.