Thread: Domestic political violence (USA)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

SPLC special report on the rise of hate groups. Up 244% for 2009

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...e-on-the-right

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informe...e-on-the-right
    I heard an equally credible report from an equally credible group (though on the other side of the political spectrum) claiming that left-wing politicians want to destroy our way of life. Panic! If someone reports it, it must be objectively true!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmedlap View Post
    I heard an equally credible report from an equally credible group (though on the other side of the political spectrum) claiming that left-wing politicians want to destroy our way of life. Panic! If someone reports it, it must be objectively true!
    I never really understood the differance between left wing and right ring hate groups.

Council Member

I never really understood the differance between left wing and right ring hate groups.
    "Right-wing" groups are those that hate people of a certain ethnicity or appearance. Generally racism.

"Left-wing" groups are those that hate people of certain vocations or beliefs. Generally bigotry.

But, yeah, the left and right labels don't make much sense.

Default Gotta be on an upward trend, the more up the better...

Only way to keep those grants and donations coming in...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    Only way to keep those grants and donations coming in...
    Exactly, the head of the Southern Poverty Law Center is notoriously sleazy. I am very skeptical about the information put out by the SPLC.

Default A Christian commentary

Hat Tip to Leah Farrell.

Threats of right wing violence have doubled in the past year. What is behind the latest upsurge in the movement to create a Christian theocratic state?
    Link:http://www.religiondispatches.org/ar..._______?page=1

Note the only comment on the SPLC.
    davidbfpo

Default Thread re-named

This thread was originally a reaction to the plane flown into an IRS building and entitled 'Plane Strikes IRS Building In Austin, Texas'. Having read the entries, which have dealt with definitions and more I have re-titled it: Domestic political violence (USA).
    davidbfpo

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    This thread was originally a reaction to the plane flown into an IRS building and entitled 'Plane Strikes IRS Building In Austin, Texas'. Having read the entries, which have dealt with definitions and more I have re-titled it: Domestic political violence (USA).
    1-Hi David,and we have had a few more incidents of that nature since then too, sad and disturbing state of affairs IMO.

2-Can not remember which TV Network is going to air the program but on 19 APR 10 The Timothy MacVeigh Tapes are going to be aired. These are tapes of some type of LE or Legal interview and are supposed to be very detailed. Will post the Network when I can find it, unless somebody here already knows?

2-Can not remember which TV Network is going to air the program but on 19 APR 10 The Timothy MacVeigh Tapes are going to be aired. These are tapes of some type of LE or Legal interview and are supposed to be very detailed. Will post the Network when I can find it, unless somebody here already knows?
    MSNBC. Looks like an interesting program; McVeigh established a three year correspondence with the liberal author and activist Gore Vidal, which Vidal wrote about in a revealing essay in 2001.

Oklahoma: the day homegrown terror hit America, by Ed Vulliamy. The Observer (UK), Sunday 11 April 2010.
    When war veteran Timothy McVeigh bombed a federal building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people, the US was stunned. Why did Americans like him hate their country? And, as the rightwing militias rise again, what lessons does that fateful day hold?