Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
There's also Rafael's Mini-Spike developed from recent operational experience. I think I've posted this before, but this is exactly the sort of thing I am talking about.
Given the capabilities of this system (which include providing route and local area reconnaisance for the section) would it be a feasible idea to replace the Minimi SAWs in each section fireteam with something like the above and simply pooling two SF GPMGs (each manned by three man crews) at PLt HQ allied to a lightweight 60mm Commando mortar. With each section fire team also having an MGL-140 40mm multi-shot grenade launcher (for which IMI has also developed a nifty little mini-rpv) or even the HK M25 25mm air-burst rifle for fireteam leaders wouldn't that provide better fire support for the section given that the application of "precision" HE seems to be a better method for "suppression" than simply filling the air with lead (for which dedicated SF GPMGs would be better anyway)? (apologies for treating this like the "Section/Squad weapons thread" but I just had to ask).