Holly Grafs behaviours, in my layman opinion, fit a classic case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I have interacted with Two females with this condition, one in management and one in a personal capacity, and it fits to a tee. The key characteristic of a narcissist is that they have no empathy, they just cannot put themselves in another persons shoes. They can thus commit outrageous behaviour with absolutely no qualms at all.

While it is not mentioned in the report, I would expect Holy Graf was extremely good at "Managing up" to her bosses, to the point where she was seen as Gods gift to the Navy. Narcissists do this by "calibrating' their target and then becoming, chameleon like, exactly what they believe the targets ideal image is. For example, if the target is a golfer the narcissist will learn Golf and then casually drop that fact in to conversation, and so on. Holly Graf would most probably "mirror" the targets idealised image of what a Navy Officer should be.

The trouble is that because they don't do empathy, they treat subordinates as tools, like a working dog. They treat equals as competitors to be eliminated by fair means or foul, and they will lie, cheat and steal to do this.