Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marine's going rogue?

Having just now passed through Leatherneck, and Bastion (which is just next door), as well as COP Dwyer, I can relay from first-hand experience that the reason those sites are where they are has everything to do with the old airfields that they were sited on.

And although Leatherneck is big and a dizzying warren of ISO containers and life support areas, there aren't a lot of amenities. The Danes have a nice exchange over on Bastion, and I almost bought a Snugpack jacket at the British exchange for a steal, but there isn't a whole lot of comfort (besides ice cream) there either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jcustis View Post
    Having just now passed through Leatherneck, and Bastion (which is just next door), as well as COP Dwyer, I can relay from first-hand experience that the reason those sites are where they are has everything to do with the old airfields that they were sited on.

And although Leatherneck is big and a dizzying warren of ISO containers and life support areas, there aren't a lot of amenities. The Danes have a nice exchange over on Bastion, and I almost bought a Snugpack jacket at the British exchange for a steal, but there isn't a whole lot of comfort (besides ice cream) there either.
    What? No Burger King? No McDonalds? No Pizza Hut? But we were told...

Default Heh. FOB Leatherneck is a US Marine base...

Different rules from the US Army...

Plus it is not completed -- all the amenities come after everything else is finished. Well, theoretically anyway.

Yep, it is not finished yet. As I tried to stay up with my PT, I could see flat acreage being levelled for as far as the eye could see.

The emphasis is on ASNF though, from what I can tell, and all of their requisite training, support facilities, and such.