Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
Actually the point of a broadhead can due severe injury and a well tuned bow is nearly silent.
And much like an old and wise NCO told Tom "(a machete) doesn't click on empty"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
Are their more people in both professions who don't act that way? Sure. Most do not -- but there are some that do.

Some are smug in their own ability to have or handle weapons but most aren't so it's complex. Regardless, the attitude existed long before Bill Clinton went to High School and when the NRA had well less than a million members.

The fact that it won't happen is pretty much a given. That some in the services and LE do not think any civilian should have a weapon and some who disapprove of CCW is also a fact. Unlike the first fact, it isn't terribly relevant. It's just a comment on human factors.
Ken,
I was referring to perhaps the worst stage (of over abusing the use of Anti and Pro Second Amendment) of the Clinton and NRA era together under the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act. As I said, I'm an NRA life member and have a nice collection of practical firearms in addition to having had concealed permits. What I don't take stock in is the empty and ludicrous use of "Second Amendment" to support or destroy an argument that is far more complex.

Because most of us herein are military and/or law enforcement, and the subject has more to do with what happens on a military base, I take our opinions and concerns much more seriously. Much more per se than someone arguing for or against gun ownership, standing on the Second Amendment soap box, in a heated political debate without ever having fired a weapon