Thread: Is It Time to Get Out of Afghanistan?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuchs View Post
    There's so much nonsense and noise of irrelevant stuff in your posts that I'll simply pick only one part in order to save time:

You should seriously check whether you've got what it takes to think about (geo)strategy, and you should begin the check at this quote. It's utter nonsense.

For starters, you are asserting a completely wrong figure.
    The crude oil production of all Persian Gulf countries is much less than 30 % of world crude oil production. NOT 60%.
    https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat.../2173rank.html
    Furthermore, not all of their oil production is being exported through the Gulf of Hormuz.

Next, the entire idea that a pipeline could lend control of a distant strait is total BS.

And that's how it goes on all the time in your replies. It's as if you were writing "I don't think clearly, but this is what I can dream up and what I picked up off some recent fashion." a hundred times.

Or, to be more gentle: You should seriously think about connecting dots instead of spraying them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayuhan View Post
    I don't see how any of that demonstrates anything but a penchant for verbosity... perhaps you'd care to break off just a single little piece of it for discussion? There's just too much volume there, and too much of it completely peripheral, to wade through and try to distill out the point,
    How droll.

If a person does not understand the importance of the Straits of Hormuz, what can one say?

Bahrain is also home to the U.S. Fifth Fleet, a major logistics hub for the U.S. Navy ships. The island is located halfway down the Persian Gulf, just off the coast of Saudi Arabia, and is something of a rest stop for U.S. Navy ships cruising the waters of the Persian Gulf.

With about 30 ships (including two aircraft carriers) the Fifth Fleet patrols the Persian Gulf, the Red Sea, the Arabian Sea, and the east coast of Africa.
    http://www.presstv.ir/usdetail/166187.html
    I presume the US has loose change to squander.

Fifth Fleet (30 ships including two aircraft carriers) are positioned in a narrow strip of water just to see some belly dancing (if it is permitted)!

It is so tricky for navigation that on January 10, 2007, the nuclear submarine USS Newport News, travelling submerged, struck M/V Mogamigawa, a 300,000-ton Japanese-flagged very large crude tanker, south of the strait

And to imagine that 30 Ships and two Aircraft carriers are holed up there!!

The Fifth Fleet is Arab dhows, right?

BTW, I don't dream. Those who are on facing the flak, don't dream. They cannot afford to do so.

That is why I back my contentions with links.

I cannot afford the pomposity that some can.

Of course, verbosity is the excuse to not go through the links at least.

And oh yes, everything is peripheral and bogus!

You alone are the custodian of the Gospel!

The point to note is that I don't act like a self opinionated knowall. I back it up with links.

Do you?

I can find the links pronto because I know the subject.

I wonder who is verbose and gerrymandering!
    Last edited by Ray; 05-09-2011 at 04:42 PM.