@Fuchs: I have read it some time ago and it should be clear that trade interactions don't put an end to war.

Personally I feel that there might be a (strong) tendency that beneficial trade integrations does indeed lessen the dangers of war between two entities. Of course there is always the danger that the guy(s) in power care much more about their personal goals, which can work for some time.

--------

The Ukrainian thread is locked and Crimea is right now doubtlessy under control by Russia so I will post it here.

Faced with spiraling price inflation, Crimean Prime Minster Sergei Aksyonov threatened price-hiking retailers on the peninsula with "coercive measures" and canceled licenses.

Since Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine in March, the price of many goods has doubled, the head of Crimea's Trade Union Federation, Vladimir Klychnikov, told Interfax.

Aksyonov said retailers of food and medicines would be first in line for authorities' attention.
In the other thread it became quickly obvious that Crimea with it's 2M people is difficult to supply if the trade routes to Ukraine are cut or disrupted. The harbours lack capacity. Inflation is inter alia the logical consequence. The loopsided nature of the brave new Crimean economy was also a pretty safe bet. Tourism has been hit even harder then I imagined due to Putins adventures in Eastern Ukraine. Some time ago the NCC water channel was said to have been cut, we will see how that develops....