Quote Originally Posted by mirhond
American Pride, wellcome to SWJ Exclusive Club of KGB mouthpieces. I'll send you cookies, on occasion
I like shortbread cookies. Or... do cookies choose me?

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw
Georgia is not the Ukraine and Russia knows that---why ----to cross over would provoke far more serious sanctions on their gas industry.
Then why in other posts do you hype a threat of imminent Russian invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw
By the way AP did you notice that absolutely no ongoing negotiations on any topic has gone anywhere? Wonder why?
Not in public, at least. At some point, Washington and Moscow (and the EU) will sort out the details at the negotiating table. It's not a matter of "if" but of "when" and under what conditions. I'm not against the U.S. increasing it's leverage prior to negotiations through diplomatic and economic maneuvering - that's par for the course. Anyway, the long view is a political settlement. There will not be a perpetual conflict in Ukraine (or with Russia).

Quote Originally Posted by JMA
Look up 'Antonio Negri' and see where he is coming from.
Negri's work is fundamentally a critique of neoliberal capitalism - I'm not a neo-liberal myself - but his ideology departs from a nationally-centered position. Frankly - my concern is chiefly with American interests; not with Ukrainian, or Russian, or South African. Internationalism is a strategy not an end-state.