AP---another example of the differences between us---I have worked the open source humint world for years and know from experience the importance of it as a triggering indicator and I also know from experience over 80% of all actual intel comes via open source-why because a number of my successes at the national reporting level came from simple open sources.

If you had been blogging as much as I do you would have known that recently the CIA released over 300 declassed articles they had written and two were extremely good on the value of open source to the intel field and cycle.

Notice you pushed back and questioned the recent reporting of Russian SF being in Berkut uniforms and killing on the Maidan.

Work open source long enough and you will find other examples that indicate Russia WAS FULLY involved during the winter Maidan and were behind a large number of the killings there.

WHAT I have personally been impressed by is a group of European bloggers who were there from the beginning of the Crimea until now who are consistently beating anything the US intelligence community can do and they are worming through Russia social media far faster than the FSB and are using analysis tools in new and innovative ways---no American blogging scene is a good right now as this group is.

ANOTHER Russian militia person in a Berkut uniform on the Maidan identified by social media and facial recognition programs available to anyone on the open source side of the house.

SO AP---begs the question--if private individuals are achieving this level of identification JUST where are the western intel services and what is it they are not wanting to talk about.

IMO they know the depth of Russian involvement and do not want it known out of fear that Joe Public would demand more from their political leadership ie the US/UK/EU/NATO.

#Russia's Militia was suppressing #Maidan demonstration in #Kyiv in December, in Ukr uniform.

http://podrobnosti.ua/accidents/2014/10/03/996391.html

pic.twitter.com/J3LplTAk29