Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
The demands of the vocal few rarely reflect the reasonable concerns of the groups the claim to represent. One must look past the noise to hear the sounds that really matter. One also must attempt to step back from the bias of their own perspective to hear those sounds clearly.

Too often what I see is a highly biased listener who is overly focused on the express words of that vocal few.

(My own Yank bias showing - didn't realize the UK was not part of Europe). ��
My caveat maybe a bias, but I cannot reasonably comment on the situation in Europe on these issues.

You can make a good case that the UK is struggling to adjust at home to the changes seen in the last forty years and that the 'disaffected' are legion, not just Muslims. The far larger disaffected pool can be seen in many ways: declining political participation, single issue pressure groups, the call for independence, ineffective governance and more. Rarely spoken about has been a steady rate of emigration, so Brits make up one of the largest expat communities - IIRC second after Mexicans.

Some see similar patterns in the USA - which has found expressions on SWC before in at least one thread, if not more.

A small group of Muslims in favour of the violent jihad exploit that within their own communities as they have no traction beyond. Their activities have led to arguably greater security and less liberty - which affects all citizens, not just the 'disaffected' or Muslims alone.