Quote Originally Posted by Gian P Gentile View Post
I acknowledge that early on in some of my first postings I did cross the line and attacked the person and not the idea. Ironhorse pointed out my ways to me and I have since avoided those mistakes. Pointing out that I think that Nagl and Kilkullen are taken without serious critical assessment is not personal but something that should be considered.
Hmmm. Little ol' me? Who'd a thunk it?

I do have to say that I concur w/ both comments below. LTC Gentile is certainly consistent and vigorous in his choice of topics (SWJED), and direct in his articulation with more balanced criticism / respect (Adam L). That's really what this board seems to be all about: sharing viewpoints, influencing some, agreeing to disagree on others, enhancing all.
Quote Originally Posted by Adam L View Post
I have to say that all posts that I have seen from Mr. Gentile on this thread (and a few others) have been direct, on point and respectful to the others on SWC. He may be critical of Nagle, Kilcullen, etc., but his disaggreements appear to come from a legitimate viewpoint.
Quote Originally Posted by SWJED View Post
One could say just the opposite concerning many of your comments here and on the blog - your hair stands on end when anyone agrees with the writings of Nagl or Kilcullen, success of the Surge... Your opinion has been respected here and we ask you do the same for other Council members.