Given their important roles in small eats, I was wondering who the people on this site would like to see fill the roles of Secdef and Secstate. I would guess that at least a few here have pretty good ideas for who they would like to see or conversely who they do not want to see. Secdef will ne inheriting a military that is trying to define it role and still fight a war that has grown increasingly unpopular. Secstate is inherit, among other things, the sheer joy that cones from trying to get the Iraqi governent to do, well, anything. The next two people to fill these roles will have a profound effect on our success or failure in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere. I know that among our members we have both Republicans and Democrats as well as one member who I think was a Whig. Between all of us, I think we have all the bases covered.

I am not sure about the Secstate. I liked Dr Rice but she has not accomplished as much as hoped. As for the Secdef, I like Max Boot but he is on the youngish side so maybe an undersecretary position for him. Maybe Boykin for the top spot.

SFC W