Hello Everybody:

I suppose I am not your typical member here. I am not military. My request has to do with the Stryker and scale modeling. As a passion, I freelance write for a model magazine and I have written a small photo history book about the 3rd ID in Iraq. My real job is as a claims manager for a commercial insurance company. I have learned quite a bit about the Stryker recently but I am sure there are many here with more knowledge.

Three model companies recently announced they will be releasing the Stryker ICV and variants. Which leads me to my thread here.

I am helping one of those companies develop the ICV and other variants. There seems to be many possibilities for modelers as far as options go, NOT including slat armor since this will not be possible in my view due to plastic injection molding limitation - the slat in plastic would have to be way to thick.

I know there are many potential options like blast plates which are left on stateside and exhuast extensions. I have seen some of these oddities on a visit I made to the NTC in February when 3/2 Stryker Bde was there. But my experience with the Stryker is limited to 3/2 and some brand new trucks about to be delivered. I want to be sure I understand all of the options that may be reasonable to depict on a model. Should I be suggesting anything else besides the list below?

Blast plates - left on some trucks after slat is removed.
Exhuast extension - left on after slat removed.
Extended lights - left on after slat removed.
Footman loops.
2 cargo nets - seems standard.
Blast shields - seems to be the newest addition to Strykers for air guard soldiers.
Male bolts (long bolts) - left on sometimes when slat is removed.

Sorry for the long thread. Thanks for reading.

Bob