Thread: Combat Outpost Penetrated in Afghanistan, 9 dead

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A few thoughts...

Dark Saga, as others have mentioned the scope of military activities in AFG will change in the coming months, but that was already well in the works.

As for the reporting on this incident, I'll take a mostly right account and consider the military ahead. Too often accounts are mostly wrong and require an inordinate amount of time to correct the record. Better things to do...

On a related note... Did anyone see ADM Mullen interview with Jim Lehrer last night? (link to interview: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/milit...len_07-22.html ) Lehrertook an unusually agressive tone wrt AFG and Iran. Essentially saying... 1) We would like to do more in AFG but we are still mired in IZ 2) We can't possibly consider Iran 'doable' given we can't divert more assets to AFG 3) If you support the current Commander and Chief, how can you do the same if Obama happens to win...etc... In essence Lehrer took a page out of the Congressional Committee SOP and asked questions in the form of a statement. Mullen was cool and corrected the record where appropriate (e.g. where Lehrer read into a response made earlier in the interview). I've always thought of Lehrer as one of the more 'agnostic' members of the media, but the fangs were out last night.

Just food for thought
    Last edited by Hacksaw; 07-23-2008 at 04:06 PM.
    Hacksaw
    Say hello to my 2 x 4