In the wake of traumatic incidents, my soldiers developed creative sides- some write, some capture images, some draw...Here is one story that gained significant media attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HntWZRWQ-mk

Ryan, a simple recon paratrooper, suffered through two IED attacks within thrity minutes- both double-stacked AT mines. He refused treatment until I pulled him.

Before enlistment, Ryan was a residential real estate agent in Orange County, CA. He sold the lead singer of The Offspring his home.

Upon medical evacuation, The Offspring checked on his recovery, and they subsequently wrote a song on his experiences. The lyrics are his voice, and he was not consulted on the actual video.

In June, I watched as Ryan recovered and gave his vows to a wonderful woman. The last time I saw him, Ryan was on his deathbed.

In the wake of the tragedies of this war, a creative side evolves, and the strongest of our brethren captalize on it....

I tried to teach my men to serve and worry not of themselves....I'm proud of their accomplishments.

Enjoy the video.

v/r

Mike