Thread: Interesting report from Camp Victory

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Interesting report from Camp Victory

I found this information from someone posting from Camp Victory on a Yahoo email list.

Just a couple of comments... the troops are unhappy because they want to stay and finish the mission and it looks like they may not be able to do that. An update on equipment: As I have said before, every vehicle has been armored since
    before I got here this time (Dec 05), and now we're seeing some super improvements...

In addition, the first "Land Warrior" unit is arriving. Land Warrior is a "system of systems" that provide real-time networking (including video) of soldiers, displays, data, and more. This is the next step in getting to "Future Force Warrior" which is only a few years away. C-RAM (Counter Rocket, Artillery, Mortar) is finally arriving...

A new type of 2.75" FFAR (rocket) launches on the incoming round(s) and destroys them in flight...

Bottom line, the three casualty producing terrorist tools are all being addressed: Indirect Fire by C-RAM, IED's by the new emitters, and Close Combat by Land Warrior systems. (Interesting note on car bombs. It appears that suicide bombers in cars are no longer going to Allah alone. They were starting to lose their nerve, so now they go out in groups of four so that peer pressure can be used to bolster their resolve. For what its worth...)
    Last edited by SWJED; 11-12-2006 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Removed details of counter-IED, FFAR, other...