Thread: USA PMC in AFG Faces Murder Charges...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default Hard to defend IF as presented so far...

Glad to see a lot of good discussion here on this one...

Anyone charged is innocent until proven guilty, and we don't know all the facts until they come out in court (and maybe not even then), but if this is correctly paraphrased from the court documents:
    ....Ayala helped subdue and arrest Salam, who was restrained and placed in plastic handcuffs, according to the affidavit. About 10 minutes later, after a soldier said Loyd had been badly burned, Ayala pointed a pistol at Salam's head and shot him dead, according to court records....
    while I empathize with the rage he would have felt, it seems similar to a cop shooting a handcuffed suspect who wasn't threatening said cop.

I'm guessing if his hands were tied, it was because he was going to be handed over to some other authority. If not, I stand to be corrected. If so, this gives the prosecution a pretty strong case to start with. It'll be interesting to see what the defence's case will be....
    Last edited by milnews.ca; 11-23-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Added last sentence in hindsight....