Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
Don't save all of your abuse for our brothers in blue.

Co-worker and friend is a Marine F/A-18 pilot, who was gently, but firmly told to stand down when he put together a paper making the case that Marine air was going the wrong direction in seeking stealth capability and Joint Strike Fighters, (how stealthy can you be below 1000' supporting ground troops) and should be considering platforms such as the Skyraider.
Unfortunately that whole argument has been deeply tainted w/ Sparkyisms and it will take time to heal the damage caused there. At one point I was working on a paper to compare cost efficiencies of using less expensive to operate helicopters in decentralized taskings compared to higher operating cost helicopters in more centralized taskings. Sparks caught wind of it and contacted me and insisted that the story needed to be about the then current LUH program and trailer mounted helicopters. Of course that was not something that could work, and I was annoyed to the point of dropping the idea before completion. Now whenever I see an idea supported by Sparks and crew, I have a tendency to reject it out of hand. Some of the ideas are good, even if Sparks et al. really do not understand them.
Reed