Quote Originally Posted by BobKing View Post
William - I understand your objection. That was a direct quote from the source article referenced. That subject of "[adjective] Warfare" and "[adjective] War" is central to ongoing discussions here at Small Wars Journal and our own CAC blogs at Fort Leavenworth.
...and I have been part of that discussion for the last 18 months. My views are pretty well known. War is war. It does not change. If no one dies, or no one is killing, it simply isn't warfare. Technologies and societies evolve, but war stays fundamentally unchanged.

Attacking a military network is an EW skills sub-set. My guess is the same for a civilian one. This is fairly well trodden since 1999.

This is where I vehemently disagree with you. First, they would not be in "your army" - they would be in some new organization, something completely unlike anything that currently exists.
Why? They would be EW operators. They would be part of an existing force, and they would have to conform to military discipline, and standards of behaviour.

Second, I know many people that are healthy - perhaps even "fit" - but that would never succeed in our current military due to their natural body composition. I utterly reject the "they have to look like me" mentality embraced by promotion and selection boards.
I am not looking to exclude skilled folks on the grounds of body type, but having trained recruits I can tell you that there are few fit folk who cannot get fitter. I am far more concerned about the mental attitude, which produces someone who wants to "fight," virtually or not, but lacks the discipline to get in shape to sustain his mental acuity. Doing 27 hours shifts at a desk, in an OPS room requires you to be physically fit.

I'm not suggesting changing the mold. I'm suggesting creating an entirely new one, with a new purpose and with a broader net.
Again, why? It's already being done by Military EW and NSA/GCHQ/CANAUSUS, for the all the "civilian" entities. Why do we want yet another entity that brings nothing new to the party?