...and here we go again...
Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
1. It does, however, in very very significant ways render ineffective many of the time proven tactics of COIN, and empower new tactics for Insurgency and UW.
Do you think those that created the Genocide in Rwanda could have used the internet to create it? ...or was Government Radio a better choice?
2. That insurgency happens when government fails.
If you are telling me that War is the setting forth of politics, and all insurgents seek political end states, the OK, but every government can be said to have failed some element of it's society. - so I can't see where that gets us.
The criticality of Legitimacy. This is probably the number one issue the US needs to grasp and address.
This assume legitimacy is an absolute. Understandings of legitimacy vary very widely, so if you are telling me that "dissatisfaction with elements of US foreign policy is a source of conflict" I'll agree. Does that get us any further?
...and if we want to go down this road, for every position you or anyone else sees as legitimate, I can show you an opposing one, so ...

...war is a setting forth of legitimacy by other means?...