Thread: Seeking testimony of those who interviewed Baath or al Qaeda detainees in Iraq

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ken White View Post
    To some, perhaps those things are fascinating for some odd reason. To most Americans I suspect they'll be of little if any interest. Such knowledge will produce no tangible effect.Highly doubtful.It's not offensive and as you say, it will all come out some day -- about 2025 -2030, I think -- when the relevant stuff is declassified.

Until then you are it seems probably fruitlessly pursuing your agenda as is your right. Here though, agendas and partisanship are not particularly welcome because they interfere with logical discussion and most people here are concerned with the practical and tomorrow -- and with warfighting, not politics or the esoterica of intelligence. Yesterday is of little relevance unless that history affects warfighting. Your stated objective does not address warfighting and the intelligence value has virtually no warfighting implications. The political effort may have value to you and thus, you and your blog can certainly pursue it -- but I doubt it'll get much traction here.
    I guess those who sifted through the documents of Stalin and Hitler's regime were just rank partisans trying to secure FDR and Truman's legacy. Right?

Examining how secular states and/or Middle East leaders and dictators could possibly used AGAINST terrorist groups (by looking backward) is of no intelligence or military value? I beg to differ.
    Last edited by Jedburgh; 06-09-2009 at 10:08 PM.
    Saddam Hussein and terrorism
    http://www.regimeofterror.com