Thread: Pakistani internal security (catch all)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up I would never disappoint you...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob's World View Post
    (Ken is firing up his reply now to take on the choice of the word "warrior" and make that case that a good soldier beats a good warrior - though history has certainly shown that too firm of a belief in that can get you massacred, be it on the plains of North America or Africa...).
    the key is 'good.' The less good -- and there are a number of them about with a few years service -- are no better than the other amateurs and die off rapidly. Belief has little to do with it; competence has a lot to do with it...

However, the motto is not a prob to me, 'Warrior' does indeed work well in your slogan -- and as John said, the multiple Ds were popular in the 80s and in the 60s.

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised at you innovative fighters being sort of pedestrian in your choice of a slogan. No insult and no snark intended, really. However, as in recent times, it was said a short while ago:
    "...Meeting those 21st-century challenges will not occur through military power or any other means alone, but will require the full integration of defense, diplomacy, development assistance, democracy promotion efforts, free trade and the work of the private sector and society...LINK
    I know you don't like that last add-on but it was tagged in there. Same thing, almost, was said even earlier LINK. Not like you guys to opt for the flavor of the day...

However, it's most recent use will put you in good with Madam Secretary LINK and in synch with current thinking all the way around. I guess that's always good for the Command.

Personally, I like this one better: LINK -- but then, I'm old and crotchety and there's not a lot of new age stuff that appeals to me...
    Last edited by Ken White; 06-21-2009 at 12:44 AM.