Sam,
I know you are looking for the TSLC to answer this question... to be honest probably the wrong population since the audience is primarily 2, 3, and 4 star GOs...

Yes it is mandated and expected that doctrinal changes be rapidly reflected in the content of PME instruction... of course that is easy to say/write and tough to execute for a whole series of reasons from pragmatic to idiosyncratic...

A change in say Air Defense Tactics that almost entirely effects air defenders is somewhat simple to implement... the doctrine is writen at the branch very self contained and this localization and professional interest tend to make the changes fairly straight forward...

It gets far more difficult when you attempt to integrate changes found in FM 6-22 Leadership for example.... this requires changes in the POI of nearly every PME course... not to mention there isn't a small group instructor who doesn't think they have a good handle on the topic of leadership... not to mention most are somewhat busy and can easily rationalize a delay in adapting course content... yada yada yada.... mostly excuses (good and bad)... However, the fact is that while directives and regulations mandate that new doctrine be quickly integrated, in practice its not, despite how loudly some might protest to the contrary...

I forgot to mention that the TRADOC TR 350-70 "Systems Approach to Training" was a fine document for sytematically making instruction somewhat uniform... this was good in a fairly static world, but has been routinely ignored since 9/11 (this is mostly good, but has resulted in a whole bunch of roll your own instruction)... its in the re-2write process as I understand time will tell whether it is enough of a departure from the practices of old to keep up with the current demands...

I apologize for keeping the transmit button mashed...

Live well and row