Quote Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
I've beaten up Ken White a bunch about how METT-TC is only practical and relative to one's experience.
Truly missed it. I'm sure if you say it, you did it but I'm old and senile, I miss a lot. And forget a lot...

Had I not missed it, I would have disagreed with you. I submit that can be true on bad days that we all have, if one is in a funk over home and hearth, if one is just exhausted or if one has too large an ego.

We've all had those kinds of days but lacking those and similar distractions, while I have seen examples of that experience driven approach to limiting the value of considerations of METT-TC, I contend that most of us most of the time can transcend that limitation by simply reading, studying, looking and listening and working at it. I've also found that employing the experience of others can broaden the horizon a great deal. Joe can provide some good insight, usually. That's not sluffing, one is still the decider -- but one can benefit a great deal from the inputs of collective wisdom.

Most people can successfully bypass, regas and overcome that undue constriction. Further, I think one MUST try do that at all times-- even on the bad days. ...

On other topics; good essay on the Recon...