Thread: Weight of Combat Gear Is Taking Toll

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Default InfantryMen tools weight

Don't know if that topic have been debated yet, if so please tell me on what thread attach this one.
    If the subject seems to be sensitive, please remove this topic.

One of the major enhancement for Infantry, without saying arms and ammunitions, seems to be networking the coy of infantry.

As I can see some enhancements to put more tools in the hands of heavy infantry-mens, as they can leave some of them in the armored personnel carrier, I'm quite puzzled about benefits for light infantry, when I heard that the platoon level will have to choose what item is taken and what other not regarding to mission requirements.
    It will be temptation to take all items (nvg, lr bino, max protection, com ...) as nobody ever now :
    - what will be the new mission, or next sub-mission
    - when it will be possible to have access to his/her own package
    same problem as "what quantity of ammunition does I have to take ?" plus, nowadays, how many batteries shall I need ?
    And by that nullifying the purpose of networking by reducing maneuver ability ?

If taking all items are not possible (size, load), how logistics will deal with it ? (give the right collective unit (package) to the right coy)

Regards
    JpS
    Last edited by Ken White; 06-15-2010 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Moved to this existing thread