my backgrounder and question, Warfighting and Maneuver Warfare; and here is Polarbear's answer, Oh remembering the Battles!:

Really they are all the same. 1981 to 1985 Lind and Wyly were rebels sowing an insurgence at the grass roots level (Captain level). There was no offical support for the thing until General Grey got involved when he was the 2nd Division Commander. At one point Wyly would be sent to the career "plenalty box" and later released by Grey. Of course, when Grey became Commandant MW became a done deal. I think it was 82-83 the Commandant (Kelly maybe) make a public statement that MW folks needed to stop meeting in the cellars of DC. That was a direct reference to the unoffical AWS MW seminar that met at Lind's house once a week. The Wyly and Lind stuff "evolved" into the 1989 version of Warfighting.
I'd consider the Magnus Albus Ursus to be pretty much definitive; unless Chuck Krulak waltzes out of the woodwork with something different.

I found a little difference in chap. 4 (1989 vs 1997); but didn't really do a good comparison on chaps 1-3. You do.

Cheers

Mike