Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
IVIaedhros:

As IntelTrooper suggested, this sounds an awful lot like the Mobile (Roving?) Combined Action Platoons from Vietnam, which is good.

I don't if I can express this question clearly, but I'll try. How much of an emphasis would your proposed unit put on pursuit? And if they were going to pursue for more than a few hours, how would they lighten their load? Body armor or no? etc.

There is a long thread about lightening the load.
Sorry this took so long to get back to. I've been rather distracted lately with getting fat and buying obscene amounts of gear for Ranger School *sighs*.

If I had to say anything, I would say there would be a greater emphasis on pursuit simply because you're going to be more mobile and because you'd have less opportunity to use fire support. I don't think the emphasis would change much, since so far as I can tell, pursuit ATM is largely based on the situation and the commander: if they think they can successfully pursue, then they do so. Ambush, would still be the primary form of attack and if the ambush goes well, there shouldn't be anything left worth pursuing.

I haven't read the load thread yet (will definitely check it out). The two main ways that the load is lightened and therefor pursuit capability increased is through removing the standard protective equipment and relying more upon caches and such, thus less sustainment required.