Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
Or, else you have to be as dumb as a brick; but judging from their Old Man, that seems unlikely.
Actually, they're smarter and better lookin' than I am -- a not all that difficult pair of feats...
The civil and criminal justice system works better in the Heartland (its major urban centers excepted). I expect there is much greater direct accountability for judges, lawyers and police in smaller communities with lesser case loads.
I'm sure you're correct. Having watched the processes actually work in rural Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina and Virginia among other places, I continue to be totally befuddled by some case reports from all our larger cities...

The west coaster son's three year long ordeal defending what was then his Dog Section from a local Activist's flawed and failed legal assault a few years ago over the fleeing felon who got bitten in the posterior was at least a hilarious break in otherwise sad stories.

Beyond fuddlement was the east coast kid's breaking his Asp in an arrest for the third time by him of one individual with a record of seven arrests and convictions for violent acts. Now eight. He's already back on the street...

The jails are overfull, they say...