Quote Originally Posted by 82redleg View Post
A couple of questions:
1- Are you going to re-organize the troops in the ARS, too? (or will they remain 3+5)
2- Are you going to retain the scout platoon in the HHC?

Anyway you cut it, your idea is a significant increase in force structures- a platoon of tanks and at 2 platoons of M3s (plus the scouts) in each BCT.

At least part of the reason for the 3+5 platoon is lack of Bradleys- they had to take the BSFVs and convert them back to troop carriers. The conversion of 1/1AD and 3ACR might free up some vehicles, but the personnel strength

I think that your organization is fightable, but not realistic for the US Army at this juncture.

Yes, I would organize the troops in the ARS with a Stryker RSTA (I have a black check).

Yes, I would eliminate the HHC scout.

My idea would increase the number of tanks by two from the current CAB of 28. Big increase in M3 and I did not know that the 3+5 set-up was due to a lack of carriers. Sure, the M3 vehicles would become available with the conversion of the 3rd ACR to a SBCT, but additional Strykers would need to be purchased to equip all HBCTs with a Stryker RSTA. The Stryker seems to be suitable vehicle for this role - reconnaissance and surveillance, snooping in the white area while the CABs are maneuvering with the scout troops/companies out front lookin for trouble and have the firepower to deal with trouble.