Thread: America Says Let's Win War

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Agree to Disagree it is !

Hello John,

My point is that using the language chosen by the various policy advocates to present their position can not be termed push polling. Neither can framing a question in semantically neutral terms: "Restore order" is semantically neutral, since it only requires agreement that there is disorder in Iraq, and requires no agreement on its composition, causes, etc. "... stop the civil war between Sunni and Shiite Iraqis" is not neutral, because it imposes assumptions about the nature of the disorder.
    I can't pen this Bravo Sierra the way others do. I just see it for what it is based on my 23 years of observing 'it' (US Army). Perhaps far too simply for the Beltway Bandits. Push Polling ? Nah, I call it obscure and vague with sinister suggestion(s).

Semantics it is. Thier target audience (unlike most of us herein) suffer fools at the language used for mere political propaganda. Exactly what effect do they desire to achieve with this 'audience' ?

This poll is then doing what (assuming I agree with it's findings) ? If it later turns out vague, do I have a recourse ? Can I be polled again and refute the previous findings ?

I'd prefer to 'Papa and Motel' ....it's more fun

Regards, Stan
    Last edited by Stan; 02-22-2007 at 08:14 PM.