Good to see that you are not totally pi$$ed at me. I'll get back to your post later today or tonite, but I have to go now to a funeral visitation for a 24 year old cousin.

If readers are not acquainted with Barsoom - Wiki, the Red Planet, Mars, the God of War, here is a snip:

The world of Barsoom is a romantic vision of a dying Mars, based on now outdated scientific ideas made popular by Astronomer Percival Lowell in the early 20th century. While depicting many outlandish inventions, and advanced technology, it is a savage, 'frontier' world, of honor, noble sacrifice and constant struggle, where martial prowess is paramount, and where many races fight over dwindling resources. It is filled with lost cities, heroic adventures and undiscovered ancient secrets.
While the novels are fiction, they are very relevant to the "small wars" of today. In those regions which are "Barsoomian", there are unfortunately more "bad guy" armed forces (including the regular armed forces of some nations) than "good guy" armed forces (honest, law-abiding soldiers). That is why I said that "Barsoom" is a fact.

And, no, I am not equating the UN-NGO folks to Barsoomians (nor to John Carter, for that matter). Barsoom and Barsoomians are a savage place and savage tribes. UN-NGO folks mostly seek to lessen the savagery. I posit that is the reason why you are "In Barsoom, for a fact".

Regards

Mike