Thread: Shariah is coming! Shariah is coming!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    This will help our stratcomms for sure.

The Texas Board of Education has passed a resolution to limit references to Islam in textbooks.

V/R,

Cliff
    Well THIS is a valid response to a genuine concern. A normally Muslim-friendly (non-religious) friend of mine is doing a research project and has privately shared findings with me that pretty much show that textbook companies are trending toward PROMOTING Islam.

At issue is that any factual representation of Islam as a religion is subject to unending lawsuit peril from Radical Muslims living in the US, so the textbook manufacturers have defaulted to basically including a highly complimentary "See how Islam is superior to all the other world religions" theme.

The problem as I see it, is that Americans come in two flavors, vis-a-vis Islam. They are either xenophobic 'Murrican anti-Arab/furriner/Muslim, or they are spineless, brainless, gobs-o-goo "Religion of Peace" apologists. There is very little actual middle ground or understanding of how Islam works or what it stands for, at least among mainstream Muslims.
    Last edited by davidbfpo; 10-10-2010 at 11:28 AM.