FDR had four points, I think they are sound:

FDR’s vision centered famously on his “Four Freedoms;” freedom of religion and speech, and freedom from fear and want. Over the course of his final years, FDR worked to shape his full vision for the world which would emerge from WWII, adding:

• The Four Policemen – Recognizing the U.S. could and should not attempt to maintain stability around the world on her own; he envisioned a team made up of the U.S., Great Britain, Russia, and China. Each would have regional responsibilities, but also keep an eye on each other and work together where necessary to help keep a peace that supported the interests of all. He saw this as a more suitable replacement to a revival of the old League of Nations as promoted by Winston Churchill.

• The End of Colonialism - Enabling these societies to achieve independence through an evolution of governance, rather than revolution against governance; all under the watchful eye of the four policemen.

• The Right of Self-Determination – FDR recognized "the right of all peoples to choose the form of government under which they will live."

Realities are that FDR trusted Stalin more than he should have, and underestimated how much Churchill strongly distrusted the man and equally strongly wanted to re-establish control over lost colonies. Anyway, we slid into Cold War, Containment, let the Euros retain their colonies, and then fell into two generations of post colonial insurgency, now to be followed by a generation or two of post-Cold War insurgency. I think if FDR had lived, the Grand Strategy would have been a happy medium between his idealistic vision and what we ended up with.

(hey, I'm just an observer, you can't make this stuff up!)